Vegan Protein Doughnut Holes
This Vegan Protein Doughnut Hole recipe is perfect to curb any sweet tooth! These doughnuts are made crisp in the air fryer, tossed in a sweet cinnamon coating, and packed with protein to keep you full and fueled.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
Yields: 6 - 7 servings
Course: Dessert/ snack
- Mixing bowls
- Air fryer
- 2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener, classic
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup OWYN Smooth Vanilla 20g Protein Shake
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients: gluten free all-purpose flour, monk fruit sweetener, baking powder and salt. Mix using a whisk until roughly combined.
- In a medium bowl, add OWYN Smooth Vanilla 20g Protein Shake, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and mix until creamy.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix using a spatula until the dough starts to hold together.
- Take 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball between palms. Repeat this step until all the dough has been formed into doughnut holes.
- Place the rolled dough in the air fryer basket, with some space in between each ball.
- Air fry at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the dough halfway through air frying.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cinnamon sugar by mixing the monk fruit sugar and ground cinnamon together until completely mixed. Melt the coconut oil and keep aside.
- Once the donut holes have been fried, briefly dip the donut holes in the melted coconut oil and coat with cinnamon sugar mix. Dust off the excess cinnamon sugar and arrange on a plate. Serve the donut holes immediately or store in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.
Macros (per serving)
Energy: 389 Kcal
Protein: 4.57 g
Fat: 24.16 g
Carbohydrates: 39.84 g