do more with your protein shake
Every morning you prep your shaker bottle with two scoops of powder and cold water, shake, drink & hit the road.
No matter how great it tastes or how many flavors you can buy, sometimes you just crave a little extra oomph.
OWYN is here to take our shakes to the gourmet level giving you more nutrition, a shake worthy of a meal and some serious flavor.
If it doesn’t seem like an easy prep for your mornings, make it the night before and stash it in the fridge or even the freezer for a protein packed ice cream on hot days.
this little gem is the mint mocha frappe
- 1 cup of coconut milk (sub almond milk if preferred)
- 2 scoops of OWYN's Cold Brew Coffee Vegan Plant-Based Protein Powder
- 1/2 chilled avocado
- 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp. all-natural vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops sweet mint essential oil (sub ¼ tsp. mint extract if preferred)
- 2 tbsp. agave syrup or sweetener of choice to taste
- 4-5 ice cubes or frozen coffee cubes for extra coffee flavor and caffeine
- 1 tbsp. cacao nibs (add after blended)
Place all the ingredients in your blender and mix until smooth. Add the cacao nibs and pulse a couple times to crush and mix. You can also add them to the top with a dollop of vanilla cashew cream.
Each ingredient has health benefits for your body so it doesn’t just taste great but feeds you what you need to get through your day. Here’s a brief look at a few of them.
The avocado gives your smoothie a creamy texture and provides your body with healthy fats, vitamins C, E and K, potassium, copper and a host of B vitamins. In half an avocado, around 70 grams, there are roughly 112 calories, 1.2 carbs, .5 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber. Avocados have been linked to a reduction in inflammation with possible benefits to protect against heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
Be sure to source out gluten-free oats to keep your food as free of unnecessary allergens as possible. The oats help to thicken your shake as well as giving you 152 calories, which only 24 are from fat, 26 grams of carbs, 4 grams of fiber, another 6.6 grams of protein and 10% of your daily iron. As well, they load your system with manganese, magnesium, copper, zinc and phosphorus.