50% off first subscription order. Use Code SUBSCRIBE- learn more!
Are you confused by the difference between Protein and Complete Nutrition Shakes? Scroll down to read about the distinction between the two.
Protein shakes are a great way to help with weight loss and muscle gain. The protein will help fill you up when trying to lose weight and build muscle when trying to gain strength. They can be consumed as snacks before and after workouts or when you're on the go.
Complete Nutrition shakes contain protein but also have carbohydrates, healthy fats and vitamins and minerals. The shakes contain a balanced nutrient profile that provide perfectly portioned meal in the form of a shake. They can be used while trying to lose weight by substituting a meal or when you don’t have time to sit down and have a meal but still need nutrients.
● Used in addition to complete meals (not used as a meal replacement)
● Can be used for weight loss and weight maintenance
● Helps to reduce calorie consumption because increased protein intake boosts satiety
● Consumed before or after a workout
● Allows for a boost of protein intake to ensure optimal performance and muscle strength
● Focuses on protein consumption (rather than carbs and fats)
● Low in vitamins and minerals
Complete Nutrition Shakes:
● Used to replace complete meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
● Used for weight loss by swapping out a meal for a calorie controlled shake
● Packed with vitamins and minerals to avoid nutritional deficiencies
● Contain more calories than protein shakes because they have increased amounts of carbs, fats, fiber, and protein
● More focused on well-balanced meals than only protein consumption
● Intended to keep you full longer
So which one is better? Well, this depends on your goals and what your body needs at that particular moment. If you are need a quick pick me up, then OWYN’s Protein Shakes with 20 grams of protein may be the answer. However, if you are looking for a weight loss regimen, then OWYN’s Complete Nutrition Shakes with 20 grams of protein, slow release carbs, healthy fats, 23 vitamins and minerals can help you reach your goals. You may even need both if you are looking for a meal on the go and a mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
There is truth to the cliche, "you are what you eat". Our diet plays a key role in regulating our gut microbiome, which in turn can affect our holistic health. Check out the list of foods recommended by a Registered Dietitian to include and limit in your diet to help support a healthy gut!
Whether you are looking for a healthy on-the-go snack or to satisfy your after dinner dessert cravings, these no-bake Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Protein Bites are perfect!