Free Shipping on all Orders!
Are you looking to improve your overall health? Protein has an abundance of health-promoting benefits.
Proteins are the building blocks of life. Protein, a macronutrient, plays a key role in the development and maintenance of every cell in our bodies. It’s important to incorporate protein at every meal because it fuels our cells, powers our bodies, and helps us stay in shape.
Protein plays a role in necessary body functions, including:
· Muscle and bone health
· Cell and tissue repair
· Hormone regulation
· Transports oxygen throughout the body
· Enzymes for digestion
Protein is also important for weight management and fitness performance and results. Protein will help:
· Keep you full and satisfied
· Maintain a healthy weight
· Enhance recovery time after exercise
· Build lean muscle
· Curb hunger
The amount of protein you need in your diet will depend on several factors – height, weight, age, physical activity levels, and illnesses. The daily recommended intake of protein for healthy adults is 10% to 35% of your total calorie needs. For example, a person on a 2000 calorie diet could eat 100 grams of protein, which would provide 20% of their total daily calories.
Here are suggestions on how to add more protein to your diet.
· Include one high protein food with each meal – try lentils, tempeh, or tofu
· Have a serving of protein with your snack – add a scoop of peanut or sunflower butter to your apple or grab an OWYN Protein Shake
· Add beans and peas to soups, salads, and side dishes
· Swap out a piece of toast for an egg in the morning
· Reach for an OWYN High Protein Shake after a workout
Following these tips can help you get more protein, maintain a healthy diet, and stay healthy.
Trade in your summer ice cream for this chilled Avocado Chocolate Mousse. This healthy fat and protein packed dessert is guaranteed to cure your sweet tooth!
Stock your fridge with only the best. Check out what top 10 summer foods are recommended by a Registered Dietitian to add to your next grocery cart.